Pls help! How can I download sound device for my Windows XP

Pls help! How can I download sound device for my Windows XP

Beitragvon MagdalenQ am Di 15. Jun 2010, 10:26

OK... I have a few computers laying around my basement, so, being a computer nerd, I mess with them. I got myself a copy of Windows 7 (legal, yes), and decided to install it on an older desktop (Dell Dimension 3000). I upgraded it to Vista first (from XP), a few months ago, and have now decided to upgrade it to Windows 7. The install seems to work fine, but after the first restart of the computer, the resolution freaks out (everything goes into "giant world"). Once the poor resolution installation finishes, an error flashes on the screen that says "Error: Windows installation failed[...]" then disappears before I can read the rest. After being told the installation failed, the computer reboots, and loads into Windows 7 just fine; the resolution, however, is still screwed up. I can't change my resolution any higher than 600x400... on a 1366x768 monitor, nor can I change the text size. The "Aero" theme doesn't run whatsoever; the "glass" effect that we all love (and paid for). The only thing I can think of is the video card doesn't support the Aero effects; could that also be the issue with the resolution? I am running Windows 7 Ultimate (or at least trying to). Once I get all the kinks worked out, I intend on transferring the OS and license to my main laptop; the desktops are just used as "lab rats".

Zurück zu ** Vorschläge zur Verbesserung der Seite **